Here are some free apps for iPhone and Android users that are guaranteed to make your life so much easier:
For iPhone users-
- xtBus: An app that provides travelers from USA and Canada with the locations of the T stops that are in their proximity, and the times that they will arrive there while they’re on the go.
- OpenMBTA: This app provides you with information for the bus, commuter rail, subway, and boat, through both schedules and real-time updates. They provide the options of viewing in color-coded maps, or the easy-to-read table format. (For both iPhone and Android users!)
- Embark Boston T: This app is essential for all ‘T’ riders. It providers travelers with the necessary maps and times. It is the best way to get around Boston on the train!
For Android users-
- YourBus MBTA: Was rated 4.3 out of 5 stars because it gives commuters predictions for bus arrivals and the schedule for the MBTA all in real-time!
- NextBus: This app supporting English, Spanish, and French helps travelers with the following:
- Instantly find real-time ETA for nearby stops
- Find location for vehicle(s) and stop(s)
- Find walking directions from a current location to it’s nearest stop
- Save favorite route and stops so that it’s easier to find the next time you need it!
- Find all or nearest Transit agencies.
- Transit App: This real time tracker is number six on the top transportation apps for Android users. It allows commuters with the opportunity to set reminders, plan trips, view upcoming departures, and receive notifications about disruptions and much more! (For both iPhone and Android users!)
Now you commuters have no excuse to ever miss your ride again!